Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Age of Sleep Overs

Dear Peeps

I can’t believe how quickly the Christmas holidays have gone. Looking at only a week left before going back to school and a large list of things I had wanted to do with you is left un checked.

This week made me smile so much – we are now entering the age of sleep overs and neighborhood kids visiting at all hours during the day. I grew up in a very tiny village where our house was the place to be – so at any one time we could have up to 20 kids running amok – jumping on the trampoline – dressing up or playing cricket. Although that madness would send Daddy crazy, I would love for you to experience this as well – as the sense of community is fast evaporating.

Its so great to have children across the road whose mum is also a stay at home mum and happy for the kids to come and play at the knock of the door. I can see this arrangement extending into their teens as I doubt either family has plans to move on for many years.

You were both so great on your sleep over with Dylan – playing so well and respecting his space when he needed it. I do hope he gathers courage to do a sleep over with us sometime. They are such special friends and I feel so blessed to be part of their family too.

Thanks for sharing your toys and making sure your visitors have water when they need it. You can be sure that I will be observing you guys even more now that I am an editor for Type A Moms Surburban Mom section – very excited about that role….

We have crazy week next week – so thanks for hanging in there.

Hugs Mummy

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: