Sunday, March 22, 2009

Who do you love more Mummy?

Dear Peeps - its so hard sometimes to balance the attention and not to show preferences to one or the other of you. Its not that I love or care about one or the other any more than the other - just sometimes -and I know its my human failing - that one of you is more 'loveable' at that specific time than the other.... and it swings from one to the other in regular timings.

Mr Morgan - you are nearly 6 and in so many ways such a big boy. It saddens me - truly that you are too big to be kisses and I can no longer even catch you and try and kiss you as you get so upset and push me away. There are the very rare times that you will sneak into bed with me when no-one is around and throw your arms round me - and then leap out of bed and run away. I have to content myself with those moments.

I see so much of myself in you, Miss Lilly, that sometimes it scares me. I don't want you to go the path of pain I had to, I want you to have an outstanding life. We clash already on so many things, from what you are wearing to how you tidy your room - I hope that the years to come before you hit teenage years I am able to have the tools to defuse the situation before it gets way out of hand. Your spirit and defiance is such a gift, I don't want to crush it, but in the same hand don't want it to rule the house.

So who does mummy love best? both or you - really and truly. You both have huge gifts and your own introcrinicities - which are both delightful and incredibly frustrating - but without them.. you would not be you.. so don't change....

Its been a bit of a busy and hard week for mummy - but you guys have been helpful and loving which has assisted me in so many ways. We are all flawed and in that we find our perfect moments.

No comments: