Saturday, May 2, 2009

growing up

Dear Peeps,
I see both of you growing up so fast becoming so independent. Its hard to think that you are both so small with some of the classic things that you say and do. See LillyLou says – or check out Morgans photography.

I ‘m very proud of you both so helpful and confident in the kitchen. We made gluten free muffins – especially for Daddy. You are capable of making toast in the morning – though a few days ago I am still not sure on the choice of raspberry jam and spray cream for breakfast.

Thanks Morgan for showing your decisive nature this week and for telling me the truth even when you though you were going to get into trouble about it. It showed a real maturity in your actions.

Its so hard not to compare the two of you and I keep forgetting that you Miss Lilly are nearly 2 years younger. I’m still coming to terms with strategies to deal with our little storm cloud, passionate, furious and chaotic one moment bright sunshine and butterflies the next. I hate that it seems to be so much easier to deal with you Morgan than it is with Lilly… I fear for the teenage years.. and we haven’t even gotten out of preschool years yet.

I’m so proud of you both for marching last week at the Anzac Day parade, for asking questions about the medals you were given to wear and for giving the appropriate level of dignity needed during the ceremonies. Here is a photo of us in the park after we marched – with the medals still on ( well mine was on my coat which I had to take off – it was unseasonably warm that day)


1 comment:

Stacey said...

Beautiful letter and a beautiful 'journal' to look back on with your children. Do you back up your blog? I found a program that lets you do this so that someday you could print it out to give to your kids.

Great job.