Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wet and Wild

Earlier this year when I started writing this blog, I was faced with the dilemma of writing how things really were – or to gloss over it and say how wonderful you both were and pretend all was rosy. I chose to write honestly and was determined to vent my frustration out on the blogosphere on parenting tow wild and free spirits whom I had allowed to have independent thought and choice and pushed to gain confidence so much so that at three Miss Lilly now argues about the most incredible things with me and Mr Morgan can not be tricked up with semantics or generalizations – everything must be exact and logical. I am not wishing it that I could write bad things here – it just seems in the last few weeks –everything has been so rosy and I have nothing to complain or whine about.. how nice.

Perhaps I aught to have started writing this when I had poo smeared on walls or golden syrup spread all over the kitchen floor and then used as a skating lubricant up and down the hall way? Ahhh good times as a mum…..

Dear Peeps,

You are once again totally awesome. We continue to go to our classes and I continue to be very proud of how hard you both try in the face of difficulty.
I am very proud of you Morgan for your reading capabilities. I understand that the homework you have been given is boring and easy – but it still needs to be done – and its so quick – we can then get on with much harder stuff. I smile now as I recall you groaning about how your mum makes you do harder stuff than the teachers… you’ll be thanking me soon – really!!
I am very proud of you Lilly – for not only remembering your dance sequence – but I hadn’t realized y ou had memorized mine from the sidelines and helped me remember some steps I had forgotten. I laugh too at y our enthusiasm for Abba songs. I will have to get a copy of a best of for your fourth birthday.

Today we went to Wet and Wild – which is only half an hour drive away. Daddy had an important meeting all day in the house – so we needed to scram. What a lot of fun we had playing in all the water slides, getting wet and floating about on rubber tubes. I was so proud of you Morgan for making your own decisions on what slides you wanted to go on – and for being brave and choosing the Mammoth Falls as our last rides – even though I know you were frightened by how high we were. I am so pleased with both of your confidence in the waves and your body surfing as well.

These half year season passes are going to be so much fun to use!

With much hugs and Love

Mummy

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

and the memories of the trials and triumphs will be looked back upon and you will laugh and cry....for they are precious times indeed.

Mom et al said...

Hello, thanks for visiting my blog. I can relate all too well to the inclination to vent. I find it most therapeutic. There is also joy in capturing those positive moments. I try to remember to write about both! I look forward to reading more.