Saturday, December 20, 2008

Trouble in the Bubbles


Dear Peeps,

What a week this has been.

My sister arrived from Longreach – over 1000km away – with her four kids and are staying with us for a week. I am so excited to see one of beloved siblings and want you my children to know and love your cousins. Family is a very strong force in my life and existence and I have seen the breakdown of relationships, deep and bitter between families cause so much heartache, angst and hate - something I don’t want to enter into my family ever.

I know its been hard for you to share you space, toys and me with five other people in this time – 24 hours a day. Its now day 5 and I understand you are clingy and wanting me all to yourselves, It so hard to explain to you that I still love you and that you can share that love with lots of people.

I grew up with 5 other brothers and sisters – so learnt from an early age that nothing was exclusively yours and you shared everything you ever had – no matter what it was. I learnt to pitch in without being asked – because it helps everyone in the long run. I try to instill these behaviours in our everyday life – and hope it rubs off on you eventually.

You certainly are a contrast to your country cousins – who are so quiet and withdrawn – especially compared to the loudness of our Miss L. I am sure you all can learn a lot from one another and look forward to continuing the tradition of spending a block of time together every year.

We are having so much fun going to the movies, to different parks, shopping and day trips – with ice-skating and bowling still to come! And both of you are getting to stay up way after bed time – I hope this doesn’t mean tired cranky kids in a few days time!

I love both of you – I think you are awesome. Lets keep learning together.

No comments: